Saturday, January 23, 2010

Life changes in 5 days.....

What a whirlwind week we've had....... A mercy dash across the ditch (NZ) to help mother in law sort her finances out so she can retire ended up with an extra seat being booked and our 16yo niece flying home with us to live here while she finishes her schooling. So I really need to change my "about me" describing me as almost an empty nester, I'm now the guardian of another teenager!!! My 22yo keeps reminding me I'll be going through the late night parties, underage drinking dramas as well as the other delightful things my 3 put me through. I'm refusing to think about that at this stage and convincing myself that this will not be the same, I've done it with 3, surely I'm old hand at it? Ummm actually no I'm not, my 3 nearly broke me, I'm just getting my sanity back!

On another scale, Miss 16 is vegetarian, it's all very nice and well meaning to protect the animals but goodness me do I really have to cook seperate meals? OMG I have to pack school lunches, actually she can pack them herself but I have make sure there's healthy NON MEAT food in the house.... I was going to have an empty nest *sob* I was going to be able to walk around the house naked (well only if my husband was at work), homework?? hormones?? this is getting worse.... I really thought these days were gone.

On a serious note, this past week has proven to me that although families may drive us nuts, when the chips are down it's family that pulls together and helps to get through. - that's my Dr Phil moment....now for the wine....

No comments:

Post a Comment