Saturday, January 9, 2010

Honey, the dogs ate my car…..


We live semi rural (5acres) and have 2 German Shorthaired Pointers, who are full of energy and spend their days hunting ducks and rabbits.

They make all the right moves for hunting dogs, stalking and pointing, but then they get a little distracted and start chasing each other or swimming in the dam, they also love visitors so as far as protecting the house they are totally useless.

Actually after this latest escapade I need reminding why we really have them.

On Sunday when I went to drive my 18month old RAV4, I noticed a pile of black rubber on the ground in the garage, looking closer there were wires hanging out from underneath the front guard. To cut a long story short, the two dogs had ripped the guard protector and wiring under the car to get at an animal, evidence of this was when we opened the bonnet and there was a massive poo on the motor. K was not happy, I had to defend the dogs fiercely, I mean it’s not their fault an animal was in the bonnet of the car, they were only doing what they’re instinctively bred to do.

The upside the damage was only $330, the downside the damage WAS $330!!! I could have done much more with that money….

I must admit, this isn’t the first time. Our youngest GSP chewed teeth marks into my other car’s guard as I’d hit a kangaroo and I guess it tasted pretty darn good.

Am I the only one who has dogs who eat vehicles or other strange things?......

No comments:

Post a Comment