Friday, November 25, 2011

It will be busy, noisy, messy fun and I will love it

It's almost Xmas. Can you believe it?

The past few months have been a bit of a whirlwind for us, lots of big changes in the family, I guess it's to be expected as everyone follows their own destiny. I feel like I'm just an observer, the things going on around me affect me but aren't necessarily about me.  I seem to be the only one who's not undergoing any major changes... is that a good thing?  I don't know.

My baby boy turns 21 on Sunday. Now that's a milestone. I no longer have kids  I have adults.  I have 3 amazing adults really, I feel extremely blessed that we have managed to come through the difficult years of adolescence relatively unscathed and they still love to have their father and I involved in their lives. The three of them have so many wonderful qualities, I couldn't be more proud.

I get a little envious, the world is their oyster, they have so many choices in which direction their lives take. It's exciting times.

In January I will have them all living at home for a little while.

It will be busy, noisy, messy, fun and I will love it.

I will also have my sister and her two kids here over Xmas and into the new year as she makes the move from WA back to NSW where she belongs, another life change which affects me, though isn't about me.

It will be busy, noisy, messy fun and I will love it.

I'm happy I will be spending time with all the people I love the most in the world, their lives may be changing, mine is not.... I guess I am the constant amongst the chaos.

I am lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment